Collaborative Care Learning Network
by Paul Uhlig
I have heard from so many of you about how much you miss the Tidbits, and how important these regular connections are for our work together.
After a little time to recharge and renew, I am writing with good news about the Collaborative Care Learning Network! It is alive and growing!
In the next few weeks I will write again with more information about some exciting developments and new activities -
1. a new website is almost ready that will be a beautiful, welcoming home for all of us and our work together
2. a better Tidbit Forum is being developed that will let us share ideas more easily
3. a new series of web calls hosted by Jane Taylor will start soon so we can connect live
4. a new webinar series on Collaborative Care will begin in September 2016. The first is called "The Basics - Getting Started"
5. planning is underway for the Second Annual Meeting of the Collaborative Care Learning Network which will be in San Antonio in February 2017
- please reply to this email if you would like to be part of the planning committee!!
Also, some really great meetings are happening this summer and fall that you may want to attend:
- 7th Annual Meeting of the Institute for Patient and Family Centered Care (New York, July 2016)
- All Together Better Health VIII - Values-Based Interprofessional Practice and Education (Oxford, UK, September 2016)
- Taos Institute Meeting on Relational Practices in Health and Healthcare (Cleveland, November 2016)
Finally, to renew our Tidbits you might enjoy watching these YouTube videos of collaborative rounds in Salina, Kansas. Turn up the volume a little because the iPhone audio recording is not perfect, and the video is in two parts because the phone stopped recording. But it will give you a good picture of what one care team is trying to do every day.
Watch especially the warmth and participation of the patient and family, who are in the middle of three weeks of being critically ill in the ICU with heart failure and kidney failure.